Crab stuffed mushrooms are a type of meals we wouldn’t dare have tried as youngsters, and boy have been we ever lacking out! As we bought older, we realized simply how scrumptious these are! Nevertheless, they at all times appeared so fancy, that we solely bought to get pleasure from them at events.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are an exquisite appetizer for completely any event. It’s fancy sufficient to serve for an important day or a vacation get together, however it’s additionally easy sufficient for a weeknight household dinner.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz medium portobello mushrooms
- Save mushroom stems
- 1 tbsp olive oil to cook veggies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 oz claw or lump crab meat
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- diced mushrooms stems
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Rinse whole mushrooms under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Carefully pop off the mushrooms stems, right where it connects to the cap.
- Preheat a saute pan and 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat. Saute diced mushroom stems and diced onion until starting to caramelize. Press garlic into the onion/mushroom mixture and saute just until fragrant. Add cooked veggies into a mixing bowl.
- Sift through the crab meat thoroughly with your fingers to make sure there are no pieces of shells accidentally left behind and add crab meat to the mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients for the filling to the mixing bowl and mix very well until all combined.
- Set mushroom caps in a slightly greased baking dish, cup up. Generously fill each cap with stuffing mixture, pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
- Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan cheese over the top of stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for about 20 minutes (about 25 for larger mushrooms).