This creamy veggie pasta recipe is made with roasted vegetables, feta, baby arugula, and chunky pasta. Roasting the vegetables and the feta adds an incredible depth of flavor that’s hard to beat. It’s a delicious meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pound fusilli (or other chunky pasta)
- 6 ounce block of feta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 small zucchini (or 1 large), diced into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2Place the feta and vegetables on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss vegetables and drizzle cheese with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
3Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have burst.
4Meanwhile, boil the pasta in very salty water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
5When the vegetables and feta are done baking, combine the feta and pasta in a large bowl. Stir the feta is evenly dispersed over the pasta. Then add the vegetables, remaining olive oil, remaining salt, pepper, lemon juice, and arugula and stir gently till combined.
6Serve immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.