This delicious shrimp salad is a great option for meal prep, as it can be easily made in advance and enjoyed for lunch or dinner. The pan-seared citrus-flavored shrimp is the star of the dish, and is complemented by creamy avocado and the crunch of sliced almonds. This simple, yet flavorful salad is sure to become a new favorite.
Citrus Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado , sliced or diced
- 4 ounces sliced almonds , toasted
- 8 cups greens , (such as arugula, spinach, or spring mix)
- 1 pound medium Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp , (I use 31/40 shrimp)
- Fruity or lemon-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot , minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1/2 orange
1Prepare the recipe for the Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp, or gently warm the leftover shrimp. Or, if you prefer, serve the shrimp chilled.
2Toss the shrimp with the salad greens in a large bowl.
3Lightly drizzle with olive oil, and if desired, some of the sauce remaining from the shrimp with a generous squeeze of citrus, and toss lightly to coat.
4Add the avocado, shallots and sliced almonds and then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.