You can choose Baked creamy chicken taquitos as one of your family’s menu. It tastes good and is very satisfying. The oven-baked taquito filling is so delicious, crunchy and unique that it’s made it a favorite across the country.
To make this dish, you need cooked chicken meat and then shredded. If you don’t like shredded chicken, you can dice instead. For the chicken, you can use a mixture of dark and/or white meat. Cream cheese perfectly coats the chicken. Anyway, the recipe is very easy and the results will be delicious.
When the filling is ready, just put it on a small size flour or corn tortilla then roll it tightly. You don’t have to bake it right away, you can also save it for baking later. So, it can be used as a food reserve at a later date when you want to enjoy the delicious taste of baked creamy chicken taquitos.
Guaranteed, you and your family will eat this delicious food very voraciously. You are happy, your husband is happy and your children are happy too. Wow, you just have to try making baked creamy chicken taquitos right now! Are you curious about the recipe? Alright, just go ahead, see the complete recipe below!
Baked creamy chicken taquitos
- 1/3 cup 3 oz cream cheese (low fat is fine, avoid fat free)
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- 3 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 C shredded cooked chicken for extra yumminess, use grilled taco chicken!
- 1 C grated pepperjack or plain jack cheese
- cooking spray or olive oil
- kosher salt
- small flour or corn tortillas
FOR THE FILLING
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it’s soft and easy to stir.
- Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic.
- Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions.
- Add chicken and cheese and combine well.
- (You can prepare up to this step ahead of time. Just keep the mixture in the fridge.)
FOR THE TAQUITOS
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- If using corn tortillas, work with a few tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave, wrapped in damp paper towels until they are soft enough to roll without cracking. Usually 20-30 seconds will do it. If using flour tortillas straight from the fridge, it helps to warm them in the microwave so they’re easier to roll.
- Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1 inch from the edges. Roll up tortillas and place seam down on a baking sheet, not touching one another. Spray lightly with cooking spray, or lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Dip in sour cream, or our favorite: Creamy Lime-Cilantro Ranch.
FOR THE FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare the taquitos through rolling them out and placing them on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until solid, then transfer to a large freezer bag. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 and place the taquitos on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
How, very simple isn’t it? You can make Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos any time you like. When it is ready, immediately serve it on the dining table. Good luck!