Pasta is my love language. Noodles covered in sauce and melted cheese will always get my vote for dinner. In fact, we make this creamy homemade mac and cheese and this buffalo chicken pasta quite often.
I’ll never get tired of those two casseroles, but sometimes I get the urge to try something new. Enter in a new family favorite that we can’t get enough of.
This chicken bacon ranch pasta was inspired by a sandwich that I had at Subway years ago. There is just something so delicious about the combo of flavors.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS CASSEROLE
Who doesn’t love cheese, chicken, and bacon? This pasta bake has all your favorite ingredients, and it’s so easy to make.
Our chicken bacon ranch pasta bake is the perfect solution to “what’s for dinner?”. It only requires 15 minutes of prep time, and it bakes in 20 minutes.
The best part is that you can make this cheesy pasta casserole ahead of time. Just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
It’s perfect for busy weeknights or gatherings with friends and family. The cheesy, bacon-y goodness will have everyone asking for seconds and the recipe.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 - 14 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1 - 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella divided (use pepper jack cheese if you want a spicier pasta)
- 1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. (use a 10x10 or 9x13)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente pasta. Drain and pour back into saucepan. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and toss. Cover and set aside.
- Saute the onions and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, chicken, bacon, and spinach to the pan. Stir until the spinach leaves start to wilt. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the milk and 2 cups mozzarella cheese in a saucepan until the cheese melts and becomes creamy.
- Stir in the ranch dressing, cooked noodles, and chicken mixture until everything is coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Broil an additional 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese, if desired. Keep a close eye on it, so it does not burn.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 405TOTAL FAT: 25g SATURATED FAT: 10g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 13g CHOLESTEROL: 79mg SODIUM: 596mg CARBOHYDRATES: 21g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 8g PROTEIN: 24g