Juicy and tender grilled chicken breast with a delicious cilantro and lime marinade.
- 8 Boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 lbs.
- 2/3 bunch fresh cilantro
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp lime juice about 2 limes
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
1Combine all the marinade ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until it forms a smooth mixture.
2Add chicken breast to a large freezer-safe sealable bag, followed by the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal it tightly. Now gently press to the marinade around the chicken cutlets to coat well.
3Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to overnight. Marinating overnight will enhance the juiciness and flavor of the chicken.
4Next, brush the grill or a heavy-bottomed pan with some oil and heat over medium-high heat. Place the marinated chicken breast onto the hot grill.
5Grill without moving them around, about 5 minutes on each side, or until charred and cooked through.
6Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges if desired.
- Serving size is one chicken breast
- To make things quick, use thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts for this lime chicken. The thinner size makes for faster grilling times more even cooking.
- Pounding the boneless, skinless chicken breasts to an even thickness helps the meat cook evenly.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least an hour, this allows the flavor to seep in and tenderize the chicken breast.
- Place marinating meat in the refrigerator to keep it at a safe temperature while marinating.
- You make these on the grill or in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Cook the chicken straight from the fridge, this way it’ll not be overcooked.
- Make sure to lightly brush the grill with oil before adding the chicken, this stops the chicken from tearing when you flip it.
- You can reserve some of the marinades to drizzle over the chicken when it’s done.
- If you don’t have any sealable bags to hand, you can use a dish to marinate the lime chicken. However, stick to shallow containers made of non-reactive materials like stainless steel, glass, or ceramic. This way the flavor won’t be affected.