This creamy lemon butter chicken is an easy and tasty dish that is cooked on the stovetop in one pan. Chicken thighs are cooked in a flavorful lemon and garlic cream sauce for a simple and delicious meal.
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons salted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced. or 1.5 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
- 5 ounces baby spinach one bag
1Preheat oven to 400F.
2Place chicken thighs in a bowl and add salt and lemon pepper. Toss to combine. Set aside.
3Heat a medium/large skillet (oven safover medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and allow to melt, making sure the entire base of the skillet is coated.
4Add the chicken, skin side down, and sear for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and sear other side. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5Return skillet to the heat and add additional 1 tablespoon butter. Allow to melt, stirring and deglazing the pan.
6Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
7Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan, lemon juice, and thyme. Stir to fully combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
8Allow sauce to thicken for 5 minutes and then stir in spinach leaves.
9Stir to wilt leaves slightly but not fully.
10Add chicken back to skillet and bake the entire pan in the oven for 25 minutes or until internal chicken temperature reaches 165F.
11Serve over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, or alone. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh thyme. Enjoy!