When it comes to mealtimes at my home, particularly on hectic weekdays, I prefer to prepare simple and quick lunch or dinner recipes. Among our favorite choices are these southwest chicken wraps, which have gained popularity in no time. Packed with protein from the chicken, these wraps serve as a satisfying meal that even incorporates some vegetables. By combining flavorful chicken with nutritious veggies, these wraps offer a versatile option for a wholesome and balanced dish. Enhancing the taste is a delightful homemade dressing that perfectly complements the chicken wraps.
This Southwest chicken wrap is incredibly convenient to prepare, making it suitable for both a swift dinner and a lunch on the go. To assemble this wrap, begin by baking the chicken strips. I typically use frozen chicken strips, unless I have some homemade chicken leftovers on hand. While the chicken is in the oven, you can prepare the dressing by combining mayonnaise, milk, salsa, taco seasoning, and cumin. Once the dressing is ready, you can sauté the corn in a skillet until it becomes nicely browned. After that, it’s just a matter of assembling the wrap. Place the chicken, dressing, corn, black beans, lettuce, tomato, and cheese onto a tortilla, and voila! Your delicious wrap is now ready to be enjoyed.
Southwest Chicken Wrap
- 6-7 crispy chicken tenders cooked according to package directions.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into slices
- 1 pkg. frozen corn thawed
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- Preheat oven according to package directions and bake chicken strips.
- In a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, milk, salsa, taco seasoning, and cumin. Mix well and set aside.
- Add oil and thawed corn into a small skillet and cook until corn is brown in color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove Chicken from the oven and cut into small strips.
- Start assembling your chicken wraps by adding a couple Tbsp. of the southwest dressing to the lower half of the tortilla. Add romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chicken strips, and drizzle more southwest dressing on top.
- Roll up tortilla tightly, cut in half and serve with a side of southwest dressing. Enjoy!