A guacamole grilled cheese sandwich has been on my to try list for a while now and since I was making the bacon guacamole on the weekend I figured I would just pick up double the ingredients and make both. The basic idea behind this grilled cheese is quite simple and it started out with just adding guacamole to a grilled cheese but with the success of combining salty bacon-y magnificence with cool and creamy guacamole I could not resist adding a few slices of bacon to the sandwich. I also had some leftover corn tortilla chips from dipping on the weekend so I decided to crumble a few of them and add them to the sandwich for texture.
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips crumbled (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.