Don’t be scared. They sound strange, I know. The funny thing is that they are both strange and wonderful. Cauliflower Tortillas don’t taste like your typical corn or flour tortilla at all. They’re a simple substitute for using grains, and they totally work.
- ¾ large head cauliflower or two cups riced
- 2 large eggs Vegans, sub flax eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ medium lime juiced and zested
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F., and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the cauliflower, cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. The finely riced cauliflower should make about 2 cups packed.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. If you don't use a microwave, a steamer works just as well. Place the cauliflower in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves are suggested as it is very hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in cauliflower, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small "tortillas" on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked tortilla in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
*Some people have mentioned in the comments that they've had success using already riced cauliflower instead of processing a head of cauliflower.
*Leftover tortillas should freeze well for you. NUTRITION Serving: 1tortilla | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 25.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.5mg | Green WW Smartpoints: 1