Seasoned Chicken Potatoes and Green beans
A healthy one pot slow cooker recipe. A homemade marinade pour over chicken, red potatoes and fresh green beans.
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans trimmed about 2.5 cups
- 1 1/4 lb. diced red potatoes about 4 cups
Homemade dressing ingredients:
- 1/3 cup FRESH lemon juice NOT BOTTLED (1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Start by placing the chicken the middle of the slow cooker. Next, add the green beans on one side. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic cloves.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Note- Do NOT use lemon juice out of squeeze bottle, the recipe will not turn out correct.
Can I use Italian dressing dry mix?
- Yes! You can forgo all the dressing ingredients and drizzle a half cup of butter over the seasoned chicken, potatoes and green beans then sprinkle an Italian dressing mix over.
- Follow the same cooking directions below.
- You can find the Italian dressing mix on the salad dressing aisle next to the ranch dressing packets.
- Canned or fresh corn
- Baby carrots or sliced carrots
- Extra potatoes
- Bottled lemon juice in recipes can taste bitter.
- This recipe has been tested with fresh lemon juice. Many reviews who have used bottled instead have not liked the meal for the flavor of the bottled lemon juice isn't right for this recipe.