- 8 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter + 2 tablespoons melted butter (separated)
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt plus a pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced Italian parsley
- 1 cup buttermilk
1Preheat oven to 400° and have ready two sheet pans lined with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2Cut 8 tablespoons of cold butter into tiny cubes and set aside until ready to use.
3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder. Using a pastry blender, cut the cubed butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse, small peas.
4Stir in the cheddar and parsley. Then, using a sturdy spoon, stir in the buttermilk just until dough comes together. Do not over mix.
5Drop large, heaping spoonfuls of dough (about 2-3 tablespoons worth — we used an ice cream scoop) onto the sheet pans, spacing each 2 inches apart, and bake for about 13 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown
6Once the biscuits have finished baking, brush them with the melted butter, serve, and enjoy.