My favorite part about this teriyaki chicken bowl is the homemade teriyaki sauce. It includes simple ingredients such as rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey and ground ginger. If you like a little spice to your teriyaki sauce, feel free to add some crushed red pepper flakes. Once you make this homemade teriyaki sauce, you will never buy store bought again. It’s that good!! I love to make extra teriyaki sauce and serve it over grilled salmon or tender beef for dinner later in the week. It’s so versatile and tastes great on a variety of different proteins.
Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil optional
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- rice for serving
- steamed veggies for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add cubed chicken and brown chicken until cooked through and it is no longer pink.
- While Chicken is browning, prepare your teriyaki sauce! In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch.
- Once Chicken is browned and cooked through, add your homemade teriyaki sauce to your skillet and continue to cook stirring until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately with white or brown rice and vegetables of your choice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion