Thick, creamy, and easy to make. Loaded with chicken and your favorite Tex-Mex ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee or avocado oil
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 1 Medium Carrot thinly sliced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 15 oz Diced fire-roasted Tomatoes 1 can
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 14.5 oz Red Kidney Beans rinsed, 1 can
- 14.5 oz Black Beans rinsed, 1 can
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend for garnishing
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
1Melt butter or ghee (add avocado oil if using) in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
2Add onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic and cook until softens, about 5-6 minutes.
3Stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
4Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Place the soup back over medium heat and add in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken.
5Stir to combine and boil for a couple of minutes, just to heat it all up.
6Then pour into bowls and top with shredded cheese or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Fresh, frozen, or canned corn
Oil- avocado, olive oil, or vegetable oil
Try Shredded turkey, ground chicken or ground turkey
Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can freeze for up to 3-4 months.