- 2-3 lb. beef roast
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (from a 2.2 oz. box) beefy onion soup mix
- 1 can (10.5-10.75 oz.) cream of celery or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 cups beef broth or water, more if desired
- 1 pkg. (24 oz.) frozen home-style egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1In a large bowl, combine the beef broth, beefy onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
2Place the roast in a 5-qt. (or larger) slow cooker.
Add the soup mixture. 3Cover and cook for 8 hours or overnight on LOW, or until the beef shreds easily.
4In the morning, break beef apart and add 6 -8 cups of beef broth or water. Cover and continue to cook an additional 8 hours on LOW.
5An hour before you eat, add egg noodles, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for an additional hour on HIGH or until noodles are tender.