- 8 oz linguine, optional
- 3/4 cup unsalted Challenge Butter, cubed, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on or off
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
2Add half of the butter to a large pan or skillet and heat over medium heat until melted.
3Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook while stirring until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
4Increase heat to medium-high and add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning the shrimp as needed, until cooked through and just lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. I turn the heat up for cooking them so that they can brown more quickly without over cooking them (think it adds more flavor), but if you’re concerned about over cooking, remove them from the heat when opaque pink.
5Add the remaining butter, parsley and lemon juice and stir until melted and combined and the shrimp are coated in the mixture.