- 1 pound dried rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 1/4 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1 cup sour cream, preferably full-fat
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce, plus extra as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than package directions, until just underdone. Drain and return to the pot.
3Meanwhile, bring the milk to a gentle simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the sour cream, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and salt until smooth. Whisk in the Monterey Jack and blue cheese if using until melted and well combined.
4Add the chicken to the pot with the pasta. Pour in the sauce and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Place the panko and butter in a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
5Bake until bubbly and lightly browned on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving with more hot sauce if desired.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.