Prepare time: 20 min
Ready in: 20 min
For the slaw:
- 1/2 medium head of purple cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1/2 medium head of green cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups shredded cabbage)
- 2 heaping cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup green onion (green part only)
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, depending how sweet you like your slaw
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1Add all the ingredients for the slaw except for the almonds and pepitas to a large bowl.
2In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour all over the slaw and toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Cover and place in fridge for at least an hour to allow flavors to marinate together.
3Before serving, sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and pepitas; toss again and serve.
How to store coleslaw: store this coleslaw covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. This is an amazing make-ahead recipe for picnics and BBQ’s because the flavors deepen as the coleslaw marinates!