Perfect for Game Day parties! When it’s time to add the chili, don’t pour it over the crescent dogs because it will keep the crescent dough from cooking all the way. Just add the chili around the base of the crescent dogs for the 2nd part of the bake.
- 8 (8 ) hot dogs
- 8 slices (8 slices) American cheese or 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can (1 can) refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1-2 cans (1-2 cans) (15.5 oz ea) chili , depending on how much chili you like
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) Butter (approximately), melted
- 1-2 cloves (1-2 cloves) garlic , minced
- fresh parsley for garnish
1Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse hot dogs and pat dry.
2Open the can of crescent dough and roll out dough. Cut the dough into 8 equal squares.
3Roll 1 slice of cheese around 1 hot dog. Roll 1 square of crescent dough around the cheese/hot dog. Repeat for all 8 hot dogs. Gently press the seams of the crescent dough down.
4Melt butter and then add minced garlic. Place hot dogs in pan, spaced apart to leave room for chili later. Brush top of dough with the garlic butter. Save remaining garlic butter.
5Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove foil, add chili around the base of the hot dogs and continue baking un-covered for about 10 minutes OR until tops of dough are golden brown and chili is heated through.
6Optional- For extra garlic butter goodness, brush remaining garlic butter on top of dough and top with parsley. Enjoy!