I’m a Crunchwrap, and I’m drenched in cashew queso, and I’m totally VEGAN. I’m loaded to obscenity with browned sofritas tofu, black beans, cashew queso, crispy tostada, tangy marinated cabbage, tomatoes, avocado, and I’m wrapped in a golden brown, perfectly crispy, handheld-friendly tortilla pocket. I am here to make you happy. But I’m also a blank canvas. You have some cauliflower walnut taco meat laying around? Roasted sweet potatoes? Chipotle cauliflower? I will wrap all of it up in a Crunchwrappy hug and you will not be sad at dinnertime.
Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
Spicy Sofritas Tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu press out some liquid first
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning add about 1 teaspoon salt if it’s unsalted
- 2 chipotle peppers minced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can diced green chiles or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning add a pinch of salt if it’s unsalted
- huge burrito-sized flour tortillas
- something crunchy: tostadas tortilla chips or, dare I say, Doritos / Hot Cheetos (!!)
- roasted vegetables
- black beans
- fresh stuff: tomatoes cabbage slaw, lettuce, cilantro
- Sofritas Tofu: Heat oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add tofu and break apart into crumbles. Add taco seasoning, salt, chipotles, and salsa. Get it all going in the pan, nice and hot. Finish by letting everything sit without stirring for another 10+ minutes (adding oil to prevent sticking as needed) until you get some nice browned, almost-crunchy pieces.
- Cashew Queso: Blend everything together aggressively until smooth!
- Crunch Wrap Time: Lay a large tortilla on a flat surface. Layer: tofu, queso, crunchy stuff, and any other extras you want in there. Fold in the edges of the tortilla toward the center. Place in a hot oiled skillet, seam side down. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the exterior is firm, crunchy, and golden brown. Cut and serve!