- Sandwich rolls (cut with one side intact)
- Cooked Meatballs (your favorite recipe or frozen, pre-made meatballs)
- Pasta Sauce (homemade or jarred)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2Place your frozen cooked meatballs or homemade cooked meatballs in a large pot. Cover with your pasta sauce. Gently fold the meatballs with the sauce, Heat the meatballs and sauce on low-medium, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are heated thoroughly.
3Fill a roll with as many meatballs as you can fit (usually 4-5 meatballs, depends on size of meatballs and the size of the roll). Top with more pasta sauce from your pot. Place filled sandwich rolls closely on baking sheet. Top each sandwich with shredded mozzarella cheese.
4Bake until cheese is melted, hot, and bubbly.
Oven Baked Meatball Sandwiches Tips
If you are serving these during a party, game night, or if these are being packed for meals away from home, it might be helpful to wrap each sandwich individually. I liked to do this with foil, before baking. Here’s how:
- Tear off one piece of foil for each sandwich (big enough to wrap the sandwich)
- With one piece of foil, spray the top of the foil with cooking spray.
- Place a sandwich roll in the middle and on top of the cooking sprayed side of the foil.
- Fill with meatballs and pasta sauce. Top with cheese.
- Fold one large corner of the foil completely over the top of the sandwich. Fold the left and the right sides of the foil over the sandwich. Roll the sandwich towards the top part of the foil so the entire sandwich is secured in the foil.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.