Greek Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
Greek chicken souvlaki is a delicious Greek dish that you can make at home! The recipe calls for only a few ingredients and the marinade is easy to prepare. This recipe takes about 2 hours to make from start to finish. But, with a bit of planning (and a delicious homemade chicken souvlaki marinade), it's worth it because the end result will be crispy, flavorful chicken on top of pita bread with all sorts of vegetables. You'll feel like you're sitting in Santorini while eating this amazing meal!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2½ teaspoons oregano
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Combine vegetable oil, herbs, and spices into a 1 gallon freezer bag. Seal and shake until well combined.
Add cubed chicken into the marinade and seal the freezer bag. Shake the chicken in the bag to coat the chicken. Marinate for at least 1½ hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
While chicken is marinating soak wooden in skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place 8-10 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
Preheat your grill to medium about 400 degrees. Place prepared kabobs on the grill and cook for 5-7 per side until the chicken reaches 165 Degrees.
Remove from grill and serve.
- If you use wooden skewers make sure you soak them in water for at least 30 min. This will help the skewers not burn when you are grilling.
- This recipe is so versatile. Mix it up, try adding tons of different veggies to add different flavors!
Saturated Fat: 5g