My beef noodle casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. Tender noodles, coated in a rich creamy, cheesy sauce, layered with a delicious beefy filling!
Beef and noodles are utterly irresistible — so add in two types of the creamiest cheese, and you’ve got a dinner that’ll leave your family applauding! This beef noodle casserole recipe is similar to my favorite beef stroganoff, so if you love that, you’ll be right on board with the chewy egg noodles and savory beef in a rich, decadent cream sauce!
May I suggest more hearty beef recipes? My hamburger casserole has been a huge family favorite for more years than I can remember and my beef stew recipe is rich, delicious, and wonderfully stick-to-your-ribs delish!
Beef Noodle Casserole
- 12 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook egg noodles (12 ounces) according to package instructions, until just al dente. Drain well and set aside. Rinse pot noodles were cooked in with cold water. Drain (should be dry) and allow to cool a few minutes.
- Add sour cream (1 1/2 cup), cottage cheese (3 cups), cream cheese (8 ounces), and green onions (3/4 cup ) to drained pasta pot and stir to combine. Add drained noodles back to the pot. Mix until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet, brown beef (1 1/2 pounds) until there was no longer any pink. Drain off excess fat. Stir in salt (1 teaspoon), pepper (1/2 teaspoon ), garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon), Italian seasoning (1 teaspoon), and tomato sauce (15 ounces). Simmer on low for 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble: spread half the noodles in the prepared baking dish in a single layer. Top with half the ground beef mixture, and then 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Repeat with noodles and meat. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese and return to the oven. Continue to bake until cheese melts, 7-10 minutes.